FORUMS: list search recent posts

ParticleViewr not finding my main Illusion Libraries

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Grunau
ParticleViewr not finding my main Illusion Libraries
on Jul 17, 2008 at 5:39:59 pm

Hi all. I just installed Particle View and ran it for the first time. It did not launch Building Search Index File, it opened straight up. When I tried a search, it only searched the default file which came with Particle View. It is not finding my main Particle Illusion libraries which are located here:

C:Program FilesparticleIllusion_3Emitter Libraries

I also tried to manually change the search directory by clicking edit in the Search portion, and when I put in the above location in, saved and restarted PV and tried a search, I got a runtime error and PV shut down.

I can't understand what I am doing wrong. I watched Alan's video (I put a post on the youtube page, sorry Alan for the double post, I forgot about the Cow forum) and when he did a search everything from all libraries was diaplayed. I can load single libraries from Illusion fine, and when I do a search it will only search the library I loaded. Very odd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Matt

Return to posts index

John Holste
Re: ParticleViewr not finding my main Illusion Libraries
on Jul 17, 2008 at 6:43:59 pm

Matt,

Try the "add" button to add a new path to the search. Using the "edit" button is a bit picky about the syntax of the path.

John

Return to posts index

Matt Grunau
on Jul 17, 2008 at 7:42:37 pm

Add will not allow me to choose a directory, just a library. And now, I am getting a Runtime Error and shutdown every time I try and search.

I'm going to do a quick reg clean and try again.

Should I be installing this inside the main Illusion directory? If so, why does it create its own folder?

If not, I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

THanks for the help John.

Return to posts index

John Holste
on Jul 17, 2008 at 8:37:10 pm

Matt,

Yes "add" does make you choose a file but it uses the path to the file as a path to search for Emitter Libraries.

particleView(pView) doesn't use any registry so that likely won't help but to make sure you have a clean install delete these files before reinstalling.
All UsersApplication DatawondertouchparticleView
pView_prefs.dat
All UsersApplication Datawondertouchsearch data
Image.pIs
Index.pIs
IndexSum.pIs
KeyWords.pIs
Paths.pIs

If you are a particleIllusion 3.0 owner pView should go in your particleIllusion folder in Program Files, pView will automatically look in the "Emitter Libraries" folder.

John

Return to posts index

Matt Grunau
on Jul 17, 2008 at 10:34:26 pm

That did it. It didn't automatically start off and build the index, it loaded the 1 inside PV. I did the "Add", restarted, and it told me there had been a change do I want to update? I updated and it built the thing properly.

Thanks for all of your help.

Help like this is one of the reasons I keep telling people to buy this software. So many folks out there don't take it as a serious app, and my 3D buddies and visual effects guru friends are constantly amazed when I put something together, and tell them I used it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]