FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combustion alpha help please : )

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina Miller
Combustion alpha help please : )
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:23:30 am

Okay so I have a png that is multi colored that I am using as a particle emitter in Particle Illusion. I render an image sequence to alpha, remove background - so that I can import it into Combustion. When it gets into combustion the blue parts are not visible, I know they are there because when I play with the alpha levels I can see it but I can't leave the alpha tweaked like this because it alters the whole thing so that it doesn't look good, and it also makes the whole layer darker, which also effects the layers below this one in my combustion composite (which need to be 100 percent visible because they are a background). If they just render out like this from Particle Illusion? what steps can I take in combustion to make the rendered png sequence show up as the original solid colors yet keep their transparencies 100% around them? Thank you so much for any help you can provide, Gina

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
Re: Combustion alpha help please : )
on Jul 14, 2008 at 7:25:43 am

ping

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 17, 2008 at 2:58:22 pm

Gina -- I'm not understanding the issue. There's no reason why one channel (blue) wouldn't be included in the image. It has to be some setting in combustion causing this.

Try loading the pI3-rendered image back into pI3 as a background image so you can check that the alpha channel is correct.

The only other thing I can suggest is to send one of the problem images to me at support at wondertouch dot com and I'll take a look.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Jul 18, 2008 at 7:15:41 am

I can see before I pull the renders into combustion that the problem is there just from previewing the pngs (in my browser). I'll send you an email (with file) to the addy you provided, and thank you Alan for you reply, you are always kind and helpful to us PI users. Gina

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]