FORUMS: list search recent posts

June Emitter Libraries released

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
June Emitter Libraries released
on Jul 4, 2008 at 3:18:41 pm

I've released the emitter libraries for June. On Windows use "check for updates", on Mac just download the file as usual. (We'll be releasing new Mac versions of particleIllusion next week that have the "check for updates" feature)

I did all fireworks this time, but didn't try to be completely realistic. Watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix again a few days ago and it inspired me to get a little creative with some fireworks. The "Regular" folder contains simpler emitters (no super emitters) so that the SE lib would have a few emitters in it. Super emitters are really required for the best fireworks. =)

Remember that emitters with "(mb)" in the name are intended to be used with motion blur. Without blur, these emitters can look pretty ugly.

Also, if you want to change the color of many of these, adjust the "tint color" first. The more complex emitters with multiple particle types probably don't use tint, so you'll have to adjust the color gradient for each particle type on those if you want to change the colors.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: June Emitter Libraries released
on Jul 5, 2008 at 8:23:44 pm

Thanks again Alan,
Especially for the "Harry Potter special"...LOL.

Steve Rhoden
Creative Director
TNX EFFECTS STUDIOS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]