FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion crashes

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
Particle Illusion crashes
on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:22:43 am

Hey Guys,

I have a user that is trying to save out an animation, and the images comes out all distorted. Then Particle illusion crashes, with a Windows Application Error. First time she tried this, a popup said Layer Dib Conversion Error, but we have only seen this happen the once.

We are using the latest version of Particle illusion, on Windows XP Pro system. The same file used on another one of our systems, works fine (system is exactly the same).

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Cheers

Mark

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Particle Illusion crashes
on Jun 24, 2008 at 11:15:33 am

First thing I'd try is restarting the computer.

Then I need to know if this is SE or 3.0. If 3.0, is the render happening inside pI3, or is pIRender being called? I'm going to assume that pIRender is being called, since it seems to be more problematic for people than pI3, especially when using hardware acceleration in pIRender. Going on this assumption:

1) Make sure pI3 is maximized (click the "maximize" button in the window titlebar to make it fill the entire desktop) before rendering. This gives the best chance of being able to render directly in pI3 and not having to call pIRender.

2) If you must use pIRender (output size is too big to fit in pI3), then run pIRender manually and check the Options. Uncheck "use hardware acceleration" if it's checked and try again.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]