FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding particles to 16:9

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Powers
adding particles to 16:9
on Jun 16, 2008 at 4:43:31 am

Well, I know there was another post about this, but, frankly, it didn't help all that much. Basically, i'm doing a widescreen project. Editing in Premiere CS3, post in AE CS3 and PI3. I've never done a 16:9 project before so I want to be sure of how it will all work before I film my stuff in 16:9 and then get stuck...

...So, if I've exported a 16:9 video from premiere, how can i get it into PI without it squashing down to 720 whatever-it-is...(basically an "almost" widescreen look) I know it has something to dow with square pixels...but how do I go about making sure it works? Thanks alot for your help, sorry I'm so incompetent in the technical matters...

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
Re: adding particles to 16:9
on Jun 16, 2008 at 12:39:41 pm

Hi Chris.
That was me, having the same problem.

The only way at this time is to export you´re footage to a reso of 1024x576.
The quality is than still the same.
You can export with a high compression. You don´t need a high quality for your work in Pi3.
So once finished you Pi3-Work, export you effects without your backgroundfootage in 1024x576 and use it in your other programs like AE oder Premiere!

Have Fun!
Greets,
Dennis

Return to posts index

Chris Powers
on Jun 16, 2008 at 1:39:49 pm

Hey Dennis, thanks for your input.

The only thing is (and I'm probably missing something here) when I export my footage from a widescreen project in Premiere and import it into Pi3 it doesn't fill up the whole 1024X576 area, it gets squished into the center and under project settings it tells me my screen stage is 1024/576 while my video is only 320 x 240 ...? IT really confuses me, but I know I'm doing something wrong, people have done widescreen projects with Pi3 right?

Thanks again for your help Dennis...i'm sure I'll figure this out sometime

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
on Jun 16, 2008 at 2:18:34 pm

Take a look to your project settings and to your preferences ...
The aspcts should 1:1 (thats square pixels).
If everything is well your project is right up to make some great stuff ;).

But it seems that your export is wrong?
Rightclick on your file (in your file browser) to see the properties of youre Footage.
If there is no 1024x576 you have to correct your Premiere-Export settings. 16:9 must be DISABLED while exporting to 1024x576 (but that doesn´t matter for PI3 i think?).

Just take a look!

Il be back in some hours- till than i hope everything is going well for you :)!

Greetings,
Dennis

Return to posts index

Chris Powers
on Jun 16, 2008 at 2:48:34 pm

Ok, cool thanks alot,I think I got it. I used Adobe Media encoder and manually set the ratio to 1024 576. It now fills up the whole stage in Pi3. Two more quick questions if you don't mind.

1) When exporting just the particles I need to also retain the alpha data right? So i can then overlay it with my original footage in premiere? If so, is there somewhere i should go to read about intense emitters and non intense emitters (something with them looking right or not when exported with alpha)

and, 2) If I've exported in 1024 x 576 in premiere, have I lost quality in my footage even though I filmed it in 16:9 ?

Sorry for all the questions, but you've been very helpful so far.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 16, 2008 at 2:57:22 pm

Quality of exported clip doesn't matter, since you'll only be using it in pIllusion. You'll use the original clip in Premiere.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
on Jun 16, 2008 at 5:54:10 pm

Yes! Alan is right! So if you have less space on your harddrive you should use a high compression.

Take a look to PI´s manual- it explains how to work with alphachanels.
Normaly you need to check the export alpha and remove black bg buttons.

Im not sure- streight alpha is needed by using BG-Colors?

Have fun!
Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]