FORUMS: list search recent posts

Meaning of an Emitter Icon

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Mitchell
Meaning of an Emitter Icon
on May 23, 2008 at 5:05:35 pm

I forgot what the icon that looks like a rectangle with two minus signs on the left side and two plus signs on the right side means. I know whenever it appears for a regular particle emitter I simply right click on its properties and click on the circle within a circle icon for the emitter and the rectangular icon is replaced by the normal circle within a circle icon again when I close the Properties dialog. But I don't know how to effect that change when the rectangular icon appears for a Blocker. (I note that when the rectangular icon does represent the Blocker, checking the Properties box for making the blocker show the underlying layers does not work.)

What probably simple concept and I missing?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Meaning of an Emitter Icon
on May 23, 2008 at 5:51:30 pm

Are you talking about in the hierarchy window? I can't figure out what you mean. Can you post a screengrab (or email it to support at wondertouch dot com)?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Terry Mitchell
on May 23, 2008 at 6:13:18 pm

I emailed a screen shot to wondertouch support.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 23, 2008 at 6:45:47 pm

Each object (emitter, blocker, deflector, force) has its own icon in the hierarchy. A blocker icon should always look like your image. An emitter should never.

So I'm not sure what you mean about converting one icon to another.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Terry Mitchell
on May 23, 2008 at 6:57:25 pm

Sometimes the emitter icon in the hierarchy window looks just like that until I right click Properties and click on it main icon there, after which the emitter icon in the hierarchy window looks like it's supposed to (circular). No problem there (even if we don't know what causes it to change in the first place).

I was just wondering if that same rectangular icon for the Blocker was correct or not (now I know it is), because sometimes the option to show the layers below the Blocker quits working until I close the program down and reopen it. Again, not a major problem. Just something that got me curious.

Thank you for your usual prompt and patiently understanding response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]