FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Flying Dirt With PI 3.03?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Caughman
Creating Flying Dirt With PI 3.03?
on May 20, 2008 at 2:13:25 am

I have been looking through all my libraries trying to find a emitter that will allow me to create the effect of dirt particles flying off of the ground like
when someone stomps the foot in the dirt or when a auto tire or tank tread rolls across and sandy or loose dir surface. Is it possible to do with the prsent libraries that come with PI 3.03 and Monthly entries??
Thank You

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Creating Flying Dirt With PI 3.03?
on May 22, 2008 at 12:57:07 pm

There are "dust puff" emitters in one of the libraries (at least one), if that's what you're looking for. Make sure you have all of the libraries, then use particleView to search for "dust".

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Don Caughman
Re: Creating Flying Dirt With PI 3.03?
on May 24, 2008 at 4:01:18 am

Alan Thank You for your suggestion, however,
the dust puff cloud is a little to wispy and light looking
to look like dirt. Maybe it can be modfied.. Is it possible to modify the parameters to make th particals appear larger and more dense while possessing the proper physical motion??
If it is possible maybe someone could give me some pointers
on the necessary changes to be made. Perhap PI is not suited for this type of applications. That is why I am asking whether I am looking at the wrong application for the described task. If ther are any suggestions on how to acomplish this task your input would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]