Help me with my offset-problem ...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Fassbaender
Help me with my offset-problem ...
on May 8, 2008 at 2:10:13 pm

Hi there!
What i whant to do is:
I shot some footage in Monschau (Eifel/Germany).
There is the sky and then i move my CamCorder to the right (i think about 120 degrees).

I tracked this footage and have 3 trackers:
1- beginning
2-panning
3- end

Now a comet should hit this small city. The problem is i have to recreate the camera movement.
I know i have to import the position data to the offset of my layer! But i have 3 TXT-Files with different position data for ONE comet with smoke ... How can i do this?

Greets,
Dennis F.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Help me with my offset-problem ...
on May 8, 2008 at 3:01:03 pm

Can you combine the 3 files into 1 file? Why do you have 3 files to begin with?

If you're using 3 different tracking points from the same shot, you may need to do the tracking manually in particleIllusion, using a "break" frame to designate a new tracking point.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
on May 8, 2008 at 3:27:20 pm

Combining this 3 files wouldn´t work, because there are 3 tracker starting from different points (from syntheyes).

Because the big pan of my cam i need 3 trackers.
I could save all 3 trackers in ONE file, but then my emitter would jump by the beginning of each next tracker.

Tracking manualy is very difficult for me. The tracking ponints are going far away in the black area becaus my big panning..
Sorry for bad english!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 8, 2008 at 3:50:41 pm

I think you can import one big file, then after it's in pIllusion, manually set the "break" keys where the tracking point changes.

Email the files to me at support at wondertouch dot com so I can play around with it.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
on May 8, 2008 at 4:18:53 pm

Okay i´ll give that a try ... don´t know how but that can´t be so difficulty.

Thank you four your help!

The files are sent!
3 files for 3 trackers and 1 file including 3 trackers (could be other 3 trackes, when i did a mistake).

Have fun!

Return to posts index

Dennis Fassbaender
on May 8, 2008 at 4:34:17 pm

EDIT:
Okay i tryed.
the problem is there should be a way to "mark" some offsetpoints (iE those from the first of three parts, before jumping) and move them all together to the right place (iE the 1st offsetpoint of the 2nd trackers in the "big file").
But by the manualy way i have to corrects each frame manualy, so ONE BIG file is not usable for me.
Or did i something wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]