FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help With Emitter

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Mitchell
Help With Emitter
on Apr 6, 2008 at 2:25:13 pm

I'm using Basic Sparkle 3 (I don't recall what exact emitter-release library it's from) on a moving (relative to the camera) object to leave a nice, short trail/wake of little sparkley stars behind as it moves across the screen. No problem.

But now I have a scene in which the object is stationary relative to the camera (as if the camera is tracking the moving object) and only the background is actually moving relative to the camera giving the effective of forward motion. Now, of course, the sparkle emitter just sits there spewing a puddle of stars and no moving trail/wake.

Is there a way to make adjustments to the emitter to make it appear that it is still leaving behind a trail/wake (i.e., "shoot" a short stream to the backside, for a lack of a better way to describe it) even though it is not moving itself relative to the camera? I've tried playing around with different emitter properties and don't know that the effect I am looking for can even be done. I sure can't do it.

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
Re: Help With Emitter
on Apr 6, 2008 at 7:03:47 pm

I played around with the emitter and here is what I came up with:
Simple Sparkle
Life: 140
Number 100
Size 230
Velocity 480
Weight 18
Spin 100
Visibility 100
Tint Strength 20
Emission angle 170
Emission range 120
active
angle 18
* sparkle
Life 16
number 36
Size 12
velocity 70
weight 54
spin 0
motion random 0
bounce 0
visibility 100
life variation 18
spin variation 16
motion randon 0
bounce random 0
size over life: 100
velocity over life 100
weight over life 0
spin over life 100
Motion random 100
Bounce over life 100
Also, in the particle section in properties (Alt + enter) check "attached to emitter.

Return to posts index

Terry Mitchell
on Apr 6, 2008 at 10:31:50 pm

Thank you kindly, Paul. I you obviously know a lot more about what things in the emitter components to change and what not to than I do. You managed to get the particle to sit still yet emit to one side like I wanted.

Now all I have to do is play around a bit to try to get the whole thing to have more of the overall look of the unaltered version of the emitter (if that's possible) or else it won't match the other scenes in which the unaltered version of the emitter is moving across the frame.

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Apr 7, 2008 at 6:40:30 am

You're welcome. I am sure you WILL be successful... I think if you play with the velocity, weight, number and zoom peramiters to will find what you want.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 7, 2008 at 12:47:13 pm

Sounds like you may need to animate the Layer Offset. Take a look at the soccer ball tutorial that was recently posted in the forum to see what that's about.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Terry Mitchell
on Apr 7, 2008 at 3:37:32 pm

Yes! Layer Offset. That did the trick. Got exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]