FORUMS: list search recent posts

No PAL DV AVI output

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Murray
No PAL DV AVI output
on Apr 4, 2008 at 5:39:11 pm

Hi there,

I've just recently purchased the great Particle Illusion 3 and have found a problem with exporting as PAL DV.

The stage is set as 720 x 576 and I change the DV codec output settings to PAL DV, but the resulting AVI files are always 720 x 480.

Is the a known issue? and are there any workarounds except the exporting as uncompressed or PNG sequences etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: No PAL DV AVI output
on Apr 4, 2008 at 8:54:32 pm

It's the codec that's setting it to that size -- is there a setting in the codec (use the "configure" button in the codec chooser dialog) that controls that?

If you can let me know where I can get that codec I can take a look, because other people are having this happen too.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Dean Murray
on Apr 7, 2008 at 10:02:06 am

Hi Alan,

I'd already found the PAL setting in the CODEC when I posted, unfortunately it was nothing as simple as that!

I had assumed that this CODEC came with Particle Illusion as I don't recall having the option from other applications before, but checking on another PC that doesn't have PI3 installed I still get the DV Video output option from other programs, which incidentally doesn't even output due to a different error!

It's not easy to see which DV CODEC is being used, as the About option does not display any information, but I suspect this may be the Windows Default DV CODEC (QDV.dll) and this is kind of also confirmed by GSpot.

Dean

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 7, 2008 at 12:51:12 pm

particleIllusion doesn't install any codecs.

[Dean Murray] "It's not easy to see which DV CODEC is being used"

If you have more than one DV codec, they should all show up in the codec list in particleIllusion -- I'm not sure what you mean.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Dean Murray
on Apr 8, 2008 at 8:33:09 am

Hi Alan,

I'm using Particle Illusion on Windows XP Pro and the CODEC I'm trying to export PAL DV from is called "DV Video Encoder".

Dean

Return to posts index

MICHAEL CALLAGHAN
on Nov 28, 2008 at 7:37:00 pm

Hi Dean, did you ever find a workaround for this problem as i have encountered exactly the same issue using Particle Illusion SE free trial. Each time i output to pal using DV Video Encoder and import into Adobe Prem Pro the image is 720/480. I am impressed with the effects etc but would need to resolve this issue before purchasing.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, Michael

Return to posts index

MICHAEL CALLAGHAN
on Nov 28, 2008 at 7:39:43 pm

Hi Dean, did you ever find a workaround for this problem as i have encountered exactly the same issue using Particle Illusion SE free trial. Each time i output to pal using DV Video Encoder and import into Adobe Prem Pro the image is 720/480. I am impressed with the effects etc but would need to resolve this issue before purchasing.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]