FORUMS: list search recent posts

flickering question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina Miller
flickering question
on Mar 17, 2008 at 11:51:33 pm

I do have a question - I have two layers, one with 'space explosion 1' and the other has 'space explosion 2' (both from space). In the preview it looks fine but when I render it out there appears to be flickering, it seems as though they are on the 'sparkles' and 'colorful' sections that are having the problem. It looks like they show and then they don't, on and off, back and forth like this. I go to the properties and turn random settings down to zero but it's still there. Since I can't see it until I render it is difficult but I would like no flickering but just a smooth consistant appearance. How can I resolve this problem?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: flickering question
on Mar 19, 2008 at 11:53:32 am

Are you saving with alpha channel? If so, uncheck the "remove black bg from RGB channels" option and see if that does it.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Mar 19, 2008 at 11:14:20 pm

I'm just rending to jpg, it appears that the alpha is not available for that - so I'm assuming no. Do they need to be on a different layer?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 19, 2008 at 11:21:38 pm

No, they can be on the same layer. Try "run with software rendering" in the Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3 menu (maybe in the "troubleshooting" menu) and see if the problem goes away.

If it does, you need to get updated video drivers.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Mar 20, 2008 at 12:23:17 am

I tried to run software rendering, it still flickers. All the other particles are fine it's just this one, I even have another one that I made with two particles together like this, big swirling with the smile face emitter, no problems there and combustion and every thing else is also running fine. The two that I am using in this problem scene have lots of sparkles and light parts...

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Mar 20, 2008 at 1:08:12 am

I am using 2 emitters from space_01.IL3, I have Space Explosion 1 and Space Explosion 2, they are both starting at frame 1 from the same position. I do have debris hand one of the rings hidden, I changed the settings for those to be zero thinking that they might be interacting somehow but the flickering is still there.

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Mar 20, 2008 at 3:04:02 am

You know I started over from scratch twice and the first time it was from my same file, and it still did the flickering. Then I started from a new scene all together and it doesn't have the flickering! I did notice a difference, when my fails were rendering the program was showing me the little tiny preview window in the panel (I think the pI render panel?), but this successful time, that window didn't show up, instead it filled my whole screen when it was rending (and I saw it frame by frame full screen) and I could tell it was good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]