FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Workflow?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean SKW
Sony Vegas Workflow?
on Mar 6, 2008 at 5:34:28 pm

I'm considering to buy this sw but it didnt work with avi previously. I work with Sony Vegas Pro. May I know what is a good workflow? Should I render to avi from vegas, add the emitters n render out as xxx format for use together with m2t files. The highest quality output from PI is best but I think avi cant mix with m2t. Seems that a lot of folks are alr using HD with PI.. Pls advise so I can safely buy this superb software. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Sony Vegas Workflow?
on Mar 7, 2008 at 12:33:29 am

Here's a tutorial that covers just that topic. The Frameserver is a good option for going from Vegas to pI, it takes up the least amount of disk space.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Sean SKW
on Mar 7, 2008 at 1:06:12 am

Wow thaz really informative! Would the frameserver method work for an m2t timeline? The other ques is I'm not sure if an avi work work well in a m2t timeline. From the looks of it, I should complete my editing and render the entire file to an uncompressed avi b4 proceeding with the frameserver method for both directions.

I will give it a shot tonight but I remb the trail ver of pI has some limitations.Wish me luck!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 7, 2008 at 12:40:40 pm

[Sean SKW] "I will give it a shot tonight but I remb the trail ver of pI has some limitations"

If you're using the Windows trial version, there are no limitiations (other than it only works for 30 days).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Mar 8, 2008 at 12:35:29 am

I don't have a HDV camera so don't know for sure, but whether you're using AVIs and .m2t files togther in Vegas shouldn't have any affect on the final output. I often mix mpegs with quicktimes, AVIs and image sequence and never have any issues.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]