FORUMS: list search recent posts

questions related to tutorial "Disintegrating People and Things with particleIllusion "

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
awais bilal
questions related to tutorial "Disintegrating People and Things with particleIllusion "
on Mar 6, 2008 at 6:30:54 am

hi i am new here , i just saw this tutorial and also did few attempts to follow it correctly , the problems i am facing here :

...as described in tutorial a blank emitter had been chosen by expert , i want to know does every emitter from library acts similar way like picking colours from layer as well as following alpha layer ???
...secondly i want to create smoke kind of effect or i want to dissolve my actor into wind ...so for this case i want to move particles in a certain directions which is not happening for me ..although i have placed value 0 for gravity and icreased life value ..still i think i am missing something??
..third i tried to insert force component in the same layer but i could n't find any force entity in my left tree herarcy ..i am not getting force options after pushing force button , did i miss any step??

and in the end i think this effect is more practicle for moving actors instead of still motion less actions like the sample video provided in that article , actor is walking and this effect is looking cool ..i think it will not look as cool if the same actor standing still on the ground ,am i right ?

looking forward for responce and thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: questions related to tutorial "Disintegrating People and Things with particleIllusion "
on Mar 6, 2008 at 1:42:09 pm

[awais bilal] "i want to know does every emitter from library acts similar way like picking colours from layer as well as following alpha layer"

If you set the particle type color options to "get color from layer" you can make any emitter work this way.

[awais bilal] "i am not getting force options after pushing force button , did i miss any step"

After clicking the "add force" button, you need to click in the stage window (in "Add" mode) to add the force, just like adding an emitter.

[awais bilal] "i think it will not look as cool if the same actor standing still on the ground"

I don't know why it would make a difference.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]