FORUMS: list search recent posts

MiniDump

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linda Clay
MiniDump
on Mar 4, 2008 at 7:39:57 am

I've used a lot of programs on this same PC (video, etc.) but I'm getting the Blue Screen minidump (twice) so far on the demo version with this program.

Is it my PC or an incompatible driver or what could I look for to rectify? THANKS!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: MiniDump
on Mar 4, 2008 at 1:22:53 pm

First guess is video drivers. Use the "run with software rendering" option in the Start - Programs - particleIllusion" menu (may be in an additional "troubleshooting" menu)

If that stops the bluescreening, then get the latest drivers from your video card manufacturer's website.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Linda Clay
on Mar 9, 2008 at 8:15:08 am

Well, I did engage the rendering but still got another minidump (3rd one) after I'd played around with the program for approx. 15-20 minutes. I'm so disappointed because I'm in love with the program.

Since I've had this PC (4 years), this is the only program that's ever caused a minidump and I use video editing programs daily.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 10, 2008 at 1:45:24 pm

The "run with software rendering" option (if you used it from the Start - Programs menu) only applies to the current run of particleIllusion. So if you use software rendering, close particleIllusion, then run it again normally (not using the "run with software rendering" option) then it's not using software rendering.

You can switch particleIllusion to always use software rendering on the OpenGL page of the Preferences dialog. Uncheck the "use hardware acceleration" checkbox, then click OK to close all dialogs, close particleIllusion, then run it again.

I suggest you do this and if the "minidumps" still occur, please tell me in as much detail as you can what you are doing when they do happen.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Linda Clay
on Mar 18, 2008 at 4:48:37 am

Thanks Alan.

I somehow think it could be the RAM. I increased to 2 GBs tonight. Also increased my page file to 6,114 mb. I'll give it a try and let you know tomorrow what happens and what I was doing, IF I get another mini-dump.

Right now, I'm FAPed (hughesnet satellite internet) until tomorrow night (24 hours) so it takes a while to load internet pages.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]