FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding a video clip to an emitter, and creating a movie

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Stark
adding a video clip to an emitter, and creating a movie
on Feb 28, 2008 at 9:49:58 pm

Just getting started with Particle Illusion, and absolutely love what I think it can do, but not quite skilled enough to make it do anywhere near its ability. So, with that in mind, I have a question.

I have a movie clip for Easter with a tombstone rolling away from a grave, that I'd like to add an animation (green screened person walking) to. Once the tomb clip is at the point where the door is almost open, and the light (glow from inside is almost full, I'd like this walking person to appear small but walking from the tomb in an increasing perspective fashion, and then stop once he reaches the full size of the tomb entrance, then disappear after a few seconds...Is PI the right tool for this, or should I try it as an additional layer in AE CS3 instead. I can elaborate more if you need more detail, but could sure use some suggestions from the guru's.

Thanks,

.gs.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: adding a video clip to an emitter, and creating a movie
on Feb 29, 2008 at 5:27:46 pm

Doesn't really sound like a particle effect to me -- I think you'd get better results using AE.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Greg Stark
on Feb 29, 2008 at 7:22:20 pm

maybe I didn't explain it well, but to me its no different than what Elvis Deane did with making himself dissintegrate in one of his tutorials...I just want to do it as a layer on top of a preexisting avi clip..actually, I want to first start my character small as if the he is far back in the depths of the tomb, and then enlarge him to make it appear as if he is getting closer to the entrance. Then I want to make him disintegrate as Elvis did.

So you guys are in St. Louis huh? that's awesome. I live in St. Charles. I'd love to meet sometime to talk about your program and what it can do...I am amazingly impressed with what I have seen here on the cow that people have done with it.

.gs.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 29, 2008 at 7:50:34 pm

Ah, I missed the disintegrate part. I still think the workflow would be to get the animation all done without disintegration in AE, then you can export the last frame of the person (before disintegration) with an alpha channel, then follow Elvis' tutorial.

(I've been thinking about putting together a St. Louis Area particleIllusion user group, but haven't made much progress on that yet.)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Greg Stark
on Feb 29, 2008 at 11:09:40 pm

was really hoping pI3 could handle this because I am not yet quite versed in AE CS3 enough to make it happen, but shoot, with a little elbow grease, I might be able to fix it....

.gs.

let me know about that user group.

Return to posts index

amraoui ridouane
on Mar 1, 2008 at 9:01:25 pm

i want a help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]