FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad graph editor, or...?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Blackwell
Bad graph editor, or...?
on Feb 20, 2008 at 1:43:44 pm

Aside from loving the program to bits, the graph editor seems quite horrible. I'm trying to learn through the manual, but after the section on Record Position, I can't find a way to delete the keyframes it creates. If I hit 'Reset' in the graph editor the keyframes become a pale blue (I can't find out why in the manual either if it's actually supposed to happen) and while that colour seem to no longer exist (visually they're still distracting, though).

If I make some recorded keyframes in the middle of my timeline range and use ctrl on them to try to drag them out, and then back tighter again, they shift to the beginning of my timeline range (frame 1). Is this normal? It seems wrong.

Whatever happened to the good ol' method of selecting multiple keyframes and moving them? Right now the graph editor's method of working seems quite bad, somewhat like the ease in/out method suggested in the manual, which really doesn't work at all (aside from odd moment), meaning Record Position is the only way to create animations without linear speeds. If I'm wrong and missing the way things are supposed to work, I'd sure love to know! Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Bad graph editor, or...?
on Feb 20, 2008 at 3:48:57 pm

The graph window does need a makeover, I'll be the first to admit that.

And I think you're right about non-linear motion speeds -- there's no easy way to do it (other than using "record position") right now.

You might be able to use After Effects to create the "eased" position keys you want, then import the position data into particleIllusion, but I'm not sure if that would work (how to get the "ease" info baked into the keyframe positions in AE).

We're working on both of these things for 4.0 (which you won't be seeing for quite a while).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Joel Blackwell
on Feb 21, 2008 at 12:34:50 am

Thanks Alan. I'm without AE, so I'll have to make do :)

Are the 'reset' blue Record Position keys normal, or is that a bug?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 21, 2008 at 12:48:56 am

Forgot about that part. I think you created a reference graph. R-click in the graph window and you can turn it off.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Joel Blackwell
on Feb 21, 2008 at 2:08:18 am

Ah, great... I'll look that up when I get home from work. Thanks again for the support, it's much appreciated :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]