Logo Hold

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Brennan
Logo Hold
on Feb 12, 2008 at 3:49:39 am

Hi,
In Aharon Rabinowitz' tutorial "Creating a Logo Hold in Particle Illusion"
he says "In my library window I have a new emitter. You can find this new emitter in the blank library that comes with PI. Now, I've copied that library and I've added my motion graphics emitter to that library as well."
I found and opened the blank library but I'm not sure what he means by "copy that library and adding the motion graphics emitter as well".(He also says that that was the easiest tutorial he has ever done-so now I feel extra dumb). So- How do you copy that library and add the motion graphics emitter? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Logo Hold
on Feb 12, 2008 at 8:42:08 pm

I think he means he just loaded the blank library, used "save library as..." to give it a new name, then used "Add to Library" to add the stage emitter to the newly-named library.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Feb 15, 2008 at 12:33:39 am

technically, I did it in widows.

I selected the library and chose Edit > Copy, and then Edit > Paste.

Instant copy. Just rename it.

Aharon Rabinowitz
Email: arabinowitz (AT) yahoo (DOT) com
All Bets Are Off Productions, Inc.
Creative Cow After Effect Podcast
Internet Killed the Video Star: A Guide to Creating Video for the Web

Return to posts index

Lee Brennan
on Feb 16, 2008 at 1:04:19 am

Hi,
Thank you both. They both worked! One more question: In Aharon's logo hold tutorial he was able to scroll to just where the logo emitter faded and then use the size graph to bring the word ("illusion") to the same size as the word in the emitter. When I try that (scroll to where the word begins to fade), all I see is a jumble-it never resolves into the word ("illusion"). When I actually play it from the first frame it works correctly. So I've been having to guess at the size and play it back a bunch of times to get the word that's "holding" the correct size.
I only have 512mb of ram--could that be the problem? I can only upgrade to 1gb on this computer. Also- when I first got the program Alan figured out why I wasn't able to load anything-- I had to uncheck "Don't use texture RAM for BG images". Thanks for your help and expertise.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 16, 2008 at 12:25:40 pm

Are you using the latest version? Check the "updates" page on our site.

RAM is not the issue for this "jumble".

Alan.

Return to posts index

Lee Brennan
on Feb 16, 2008 at 10:16:31 pm

Hi Alan,
Yes, Version 3.0.3 is currently installed. When I place a logo emitter on the stage ("Logo-Converge Sides" from the Default.il3 library) and click the play button it works perfectly. Everything converges into the word "PILLUSION". But- when I start at frame one and use the arrow keys or the current frame indicator to scroll through the effect it never resolves. The logo flies in from left and right -seems to blur -and then fades. I can live with the trial and error method I've been using but thought there might be an obvious fix. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 16, 2008 at 11:05:10 pm

Strange, it works fine for me. I can scrub the frame and use arrow keys and it never "jumbles".

Is the emitter unmodified? Are there other emitters in the project? Try a simple case of only that emitter, and don't modify anything and see if it still does it. If it does, I'm not sure why, unless the emitter got changed in the library.

The only time I've seen "jumbles" is when preload frames is non-zero with some sorts of emitters.

If you still have the problem with the single unmodified emitter, save a project file, zip it, and email it to wondertouch support.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Lee Brennan
on Mar 11, 2008 at 1:31:51 am

Hi,
I've figured it out. I didn't have "Show Particles" Accuracy pulled to "most (slowest)". Once I did that it works perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 11, 2008 at 1:27:32 pm

Aha! I never even thought of that. I guess I should have asked you to reset the preferences.

Thanks for sticking with it and letting me know the solution.

Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]