FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Save Output

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Eubanks
Can't Save Output
on Feb 3, 2008 at 1:41:39 pm

Hi, This is another question similar to the can't save output question from January 19th. I am fairly new to Particle Illusion, however the several short test output videos using emitters have worked out very well. Yesterday I made another video and broke it down into shorter clips for each emitter I wanted to use to keep from slowing my rendering time down. I used the emitter on an additional layer and could view everything perfect in the window preview pane, but when I would go to render the clip, you could not see the emitter in the final output. I tried different variations and starting over several times. I then pulled up some other short video clips I had previously been working with and made sure I was using the same video format. I used some fireball type emitters on that video clip and it worked fine in saving output. I then went back and used the same fireball emitter on the clip I was having problems with and it also turned out okay. Finally after several hours, I could get some of the clips to work halfway okay. Then at times, the emitter would come out looking like an offset square layer on the video and the emitter would be half on the page or covering only half of the area I specified.
I'm sure it is something simple but don't know what I am doing wrong. It seems strange that one emitter may work and another emitter won't or after starting a project over, the emitter I was having problems with will work or only partially working. Has anyone else had any of the same problems? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Can't Save Output
on Feb 4, 2008 at 12:57:24 pm

Try the "run with software rendering" option in the Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3 menu.

It will be slower, but should work. If it does, then you've got a video driver issue, and need to get updated video drivers from your card manufacturer's website.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]