FORUMS: list search recent posts

render problem, too big??

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
goblynn93
render problem, too big??
on Jan 24, 2008 at 8:07:42 pm

I am trying to render an extra wide .png sequence for use in After Effects to produce a very wide wall of fire. My pixel space is 1750x480, its final destination is playback on a 3 projector blended screen.

When I try to render from Particle Illusion I get an error stating that no appropriate pixel format could be found, and then another error about OpenGL not being able to start. The render proceeds, but all I get is black on every .png it puts out.

When I roll the setup in the program I can see the emitters and the wall of fire looks epic... and if I zoom down the image to fit inside the work area it renders fine. But, particle illusion is now rendering a reduced image from the warning it gives me.

My client would really love to have this full resolution depite how nice it looks even stretched to fill from what PI can render.

Is this just a limitation I am going to have to deal with? Or have I missed a setting, maybe something I need to install to allow PI to render full frames even if I can't see the edges??

Thanks for any help!!
Brian Lynn

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: render problem, too big??
on Jan 24, 2008 at 11:50:14 pm

You're probably using 3.0.3 (that's the link I sent you), and it's calling pIllusionRender to do the rendering since it's bigger than what you can fit in a visible window. Right?

If so, open pIRender alone, click the "options" button, and toggle the "use hardware acceleration" checkbox.

Then try your render again.

If it's not opening pIRender, and if your desktop resolution is larger than 1750 pixels wide, then maximize particleIllusion before you start your render. It will first maximize the stage window to see if your render size will fit, and having pIllusion maximized gives it as much space as possible.

If pIRender is giving you problems and it's set to use hardware acceleration, then you probably need to update your video drivers (from your card manufacturer's website).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]