FORUMS: list search recent posts

Controlling Speed In Particle Illusion?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Haigh
Controlling Speed In Particle Illusion?
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:04:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been working with particle illusion for the last couple of days now, altering settings etc to get the desired effect I am after for an animation we are creating. However, I am finding it very difficult to find a control setting for the speed of an emitter.

For example, I have circles animating at the same speed throughout the animation, however when it gets roughly half way through I want to really slow this animation down as if it was in slow motion making the circles that were originally flying around to be almost floating.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can do this, it would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks
Alex.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Controlling Speed In Particle Illusion?
on Jan 13, 2008 at 5:42:35 pm

It sounds like you'll need to animate the Velocity graph for the particles at the half way point of your animation. Say the length of your animation is 100 frames. You can set one keyframe in the Velocity graph at frame 40 with a value of 100, then another at frame 50 with a value of 50. Now any particle born after frame 50 will have half the initial speed of the original particles.

If I misunderstood the situation and it's the same few particles on screen throughout the animation, then you can adjust the Velocity over Life graph to slow then down after the 0.5 point of their life. Again just set a keyframe at half the initial value to slow them down.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]