FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few bugs, and a question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Lessing
A few bugs, and a question
on Jan 6, 2008 at 4:23:47 am

I have been playing with the demo, (and adoring it, incidentally) for a while now, and I have found a few things that simply make no sense and/or don't work.

First of all, this crashes all the time for no reason. Do I need something on my computer to stabilize it? Is it interacting badly with another program? Or is there nothing I can do about it, so I should just save all the time?

Second, I am having a hard time getting an emitter to add late in the animation (frame 400 or so.) It moves the box with 4 arrows rather than doing the concentric circle 'bullseye' thing. What am I doing wrong?

As an unrelated question, can this render to .gif or to a 'contact sheet' (each frame a thumbnail on a giant image?) If not, does anyone know a good way to convert .avi to .gif? If I get this, I will be doing two things with it.

A. Posting lightsaber fights and videos of me blowing up things in my basement on the internet.

B. Doing particle effects for my video games, because I am SICK of hand-drawing fire. This is why I need .gif or the contact sheet, although I could actually make do with frame by frame, so this is not a must.

Thanks!

-Brisingre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]