FORUMS: list search recent posts

writing text sparkle

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LENYN PRO
writing text sparkle
on Jan 3, 2008 at 5:21:56 pm

Hello there..i would like to write a text using sparkle emitter. I want it to last for 10 seconds on the screen, for example "I love U". Writing "I" then "Love" then "U" all on one screen, and last then last for 10 seconds.
My problem is i cannot make the sparkle emmitter to spark last for that long. For example, when i use the simple sparkles emitter, i do the word "I" then the sparkle go past and just go away, it won't stay on the screen and sparkle anymore. Then i have tried to adjust the parameter of the emitter eg. life=994, number=510, size=199, zoom=69, and etc. but when i adjusted like this it doesn't spark anymore.

please help me. i want to send you an example of an short avi clip of this, but here has got no attachment.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: writing text sparkle
on Jan 4, 2008 at 1:13:42 am

Which emitter are you using exactly? The Life would be the most likely parameter to increase, but you may have to deal with Velocity as well, depending on if the sparkles are moving or not.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

LENYN PRO
on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:04:38 am

i am using the default Library emitter from group 1, the emitter call "Simple sparkle"(third on down from the group. And i have tried adjusted the velocity, but if the velocity is greater than zero then the particle spark out, for example if i do a word "i". Is there any sparkle emitter from the library you can recommended me because i have also tried all of the other one and they all do the same thing.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 4, 2008 at 9:55:21 pm

With that one, you'd need to lower the Weight as well, closer to one. If I give the sparkles a Life of about 500, and a Weight and Velocity of 1, there is still some amount of motion, and the letters remain on screen for about 200 frames. Reset the topmost Velocity graph of the emitter as well (it's at 203%, get it down to 100%). That'll cut some of the motion down.

Return to posts index

LENYN PRO
on Jan 9, 2008 at 2:42:11 am

thank you for your help, i already worked it out. But one problem is this sparkle is not quite good in doing text. Is there a better emmiter that you could suggest me in using in doing this kind of things. Cause since you're the expert.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]