FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Emitter Text Help

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sadio mot
Pro Emitter Text Help
on Dec 15, 2007 at 9:13:17 pm

I have a quick question regarding pro emitters, specifically the following pro emitter:

Extreme Graphics - "Extreme" - Playdate Emitter

Well this question kind of refers to any of the pro emitters in which there are different words appearing in the default emitter.

For example, with the playdate emitter, the following words appear: Band , Time, Spectacle, Date, etc.

Now the one thing i want to do is change those words.

My question is: Is it possible to leave some of the default words already in (e.g. spectacle) but change the other words (e.g. time, date, band, etc)? The reason I ask, is that when I do input the file that has the text that I want, it replaces all the default text with that one word. Is there a way to fix this? This also occurs for other pro emitters as well (e.g. breaking news, news ticker, etc)?

Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Pro Emitter Text Help
on Dec 18, 2007 at 2:41:25 pm

Those words were brought in as a sequence of images, and then set to Random Start Frame so that each particle would use a different word. So if you want to make your own words, you'll need to save them with a sequential naming convention (word001.jpg, word002.jpg, word003.jpg, etc)

If you click the Export Shape button on the Change Shape tab, you'll get the original sequence exported. Then you can just save your word images over top of the words you want to replace, and reimport the shape. Keep what you want, discard what you don't.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]