FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Flurry screensaver particle emitter

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Haber
Mac Flurry screensaver particle emitter
on Nov 13, 2007 at 6:04:35 pm

Hello Illusionists,
I have been asked to do a little job for a friend.
He wants to create a little film with a screensaver that breaks down.
It is the famous Mac OS Flurry screensaver and I wonder if it would be easy to built an emitter that behaves like that one.
The Mac folks know what I am talking about I think.
I am not a user of PI yet, but maybe I can sneak it into the budget if it turns out to be the right tool for this job.
I only need to be able to control the position of the light emitter and move it freely on the screen.
If someone has time to help or some ideas to share I would be very happy.
If there is a commercial emitter available it would be even better.

Best regards
Sascha

Return to posts index

Sockratease
Re: Mac Flurry screensaver particle emitter
on Nov 14, 2007 at 4:40:19 pm

This question raises an issue I was going to save for a giant list of suggestions for future features - a Screensaver output option!

I have tried several screen saver makers, and I have never gotten acceptable results with things made in Particle Illusion.

I can render beautiful image sequences, and avi files, but somehow compiling into a screensaver blurs all the sharp lines and makes for an unprofessional and inferior product (I tried lots of variants ranging from oversized resolutions to 60 frames per second frame rates) (and with the "Preserve color" box checked, and not checked).

If there were a way to make scrensavers directly from Particle Illusion which did not lose image quality, it would be Incredible!

Good luck getting the effect you want, and if you find a program that can take PI output and produce a High Quality, Detailed, screen saver, please post the information here!

I have a mac, running os9, but have no clue about the effect you are seeking.

Sorry if that was off topic, but it seemed relevant to me...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]