FORUMS: list search recent posts

3.0.2 Freezing up during export

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan
3.0.2 Freezing up during export
on Nov 4, 2007 at 7:57:33 pm

Hi, I've used Particle Illusion for a few years and have always exported as TGA sequence (save Alpha, remove black BG from RGB) and it's worked fine. I downloaded the update recently (I love it by the way) and now when I try to export a TGA sequence with the same settings, it freezes at 0% and I have to crtl/alt/del to close PI.

Of course, I did get the PIllusion Render program with my update, and used it to export the sequence (setting the video compression to Uncompressed). I'd like to be able to export right out of Particle Illusion without having to switch to PIllusion Render. Any one else experience this freeze up? Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance, Donovan

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: 3.0.2 Freezing up during export
on Nov 5, 2007 at 11:03:43 am

If pIRender works, then the workaround for now is to always use pIR to render -- just ctrl-click the "Save Output" toolbar button and pIR will be used automatically.

Can you give me more details on your project? Is it every project, even one with no emitters? Here's what I'd suggest. Do each step until one works and let me know what happens.

1) Start with the project that doesn't work. Remove any background footage and try again.

2) Turn off motion blur, or switch motion blur types.

3) Remove emitters (one at a time)

4) Once you're down to an empty project, and if it still doesn't work, then change the stage size (resolution) until it works. 640 x 480 is a "standard" test case.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: 3.0.2 Freezing up during export
on Nov 5, 2007 at 11:07:11 am

Also, email wondertouch support so I can add you to the 3.0.3 beta list.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]