FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having trouble animating points separately on a line emitter (using 'record position')

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Navigateur
Having trouble animating points separately on a line emitter (using 'record position')
on Oct 29, 2007 at 4:38:32 pm

How do I animate the points of a line emitter separately? I have a line emitter with two points, and every time I right-click and "record position" on one of the points, it moves and animates entire line instead of just the point itself. Does anybody have the answer?

Many Thanks,
N

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Having trouble animating points separately on a line emitter (using 'record position')
on Oct 29, 2007 at 7:27:28 pm

"Record Position" only works for the emitter's reference point, not for individual points.

So you have to do it manually. Just switch to "select" mode (so you can drag the points), jump ahead a couple of frames, position the point, repeat.

It might be easier to move the emitter first (using "record position"?), then move the points, but it's not required.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Navigateur
Re: Having trouble animating points separately on a line emitter (using 'record position')
on Nov 1, 2007 at 11:15:50 am

Alan thanks so much for your post.
May I suggest this for the next particleIllusion coming out, so that you can dynamically animate the points of a line separately, for a small dialog box to come up when you right-click 'Record Position' which has two radio buttons 'Just this point' and 'Entire line', with an 'OK' button, which then does the appropriate action.

Can I also second another poster's call for the ability to produce curved lines for emitters, by interpolating a curve between multiple points, like the last example on http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/Splines/Bint.htm, while also allowing those points to be animated seperately by 'record position'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]