FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting problems to Adobe premiere pro cs3

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marksd2167
Exporting problems to Adobe premiere pro cs3
on Oct 27, 2007 at 5:40:04 pm

Well it starts off in PI3.02. project is 720x480 lower field first dv background. It is a volleyball scene only 270 frames long. I have a sparkle effect on the ball going from one side of the court to the other, requiring 3 breaks for offset tracking. Toward the end I have another emitter that is from logo, very y sort.
Playing in PI time line everything looks good. I go to render 720x480 lower first, Save Alpha and Remove black pg RGB channels checked and background video is removed as a TGA sequence.
I import this into adobe premiere pro cs3 over the original clip I had in PI3.0.2. The problem is it does not match the ball for most or part of the clip, not like it did in PI3, In PI 3 there was no problem. The clips in PI3 and PP cs3 are the same one. Additionally there are 3 glitches in the PI sequence; these glitches take place where the offset tracking breaks in PI3. But there were no sign of this glitch in PI3. The glitch is for one frame, it has two images of the sparkle trail taking place where the offset break is. This glitch takes place on all three offset breaks.
If I render with field rendering to

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Exporting problems to Adobe premiere pro cs3
on Oct 28, 2007 at 12:22:06 pm

Sounds like you have 2 issues here.

1) Field rendering has a bug when using Layer offset "break" feature (sounds like a bug -- haven't verified it myself yet)

2) particleIllusion works in square pixels right now, while your PP project doesn't. I believe the solution to this is to convert your pIllusion project to the square pixel equivalent (SPE) size. Here's a handy document I found on Apple's site about SPE:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=36836

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

marksd2167
on Oct 28, 2007 at 1:42:26 pm

Alan, are you saying that I need to change the project size to 720x540 and render out lower field first?

Return to posts index

marksd2167
on Oct 29, 2007 at 2:45:56 pm

Alan, I'm home today trying to finish this project and it is killing me. I can't save out of PI with lower field first. If I save out as none, PP does not like it "studders" I worked on it all day yesterday and could not find a workaround. Have any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 29, 2007 at 3:26:13 pm

If you render without fields in pI, you should be able to tell PP that the footage does not contain fields, and it should handle it correctly without stuttering (or am I wrong about that?).

A workaround in pI is to render in 2 parts (or however many Layer Offset sements you have). If for example your "break" is at frame 50, render frames 1-49 with fields, then 51 on in a separate render.

To get frame 50 (the "break" frame which renders worng) you may be able to just move the "break" key to 51 and render 50 alone, or just duplicate frame 49 or 51 as 50... or render frame 50 with fields off.

I'm working on the fix right now, but not sure how long it will take me. Email me at wondertouch support and I'll put you on the 3.0.3 beta test list.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Oct 29, 2007 at 5:55:36 pm

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem, but if your CS3 project is non-square pixels and the output of PI is square pixels (or vice-versa), did you try right clicking on the PI clip in PPro and use the Interpret Footage function to tell it to treat the square pixels as non-square (or vice-versa)?

Return to posts index

marksd2167
on Oct 30, 2007 at 3:36:25 pm

Jeron, I will admit I

Return to posts index

Jeron Coolman
on Oct 30, 2007 at 5:07:56 pm

Heh heh, like I said, I wasn't sure if I understood your problem.

It sounded like your "sparkles not aligning to the ball" problem might be square-pixel/non-square pixel aspect ratio mismatch issues between your premiere pro project footage and the animation you rendered from PI.

All of my projects are widescreen video footage. On my widescreen DV and HDV projects, I usually end up with square pixel renderings from animation programs like PI. In that case, I have to tell PPro to Interpret the footage to non-square pixels, 1.2 for DV wide or 1.3 for HDV.

You mentioned "studdering" then you mentioned "flickering". I thought the "studdering" might be just un-rendered timeline playback. I didn't realize you saw this after rendering.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 30, 2007 at 10:36:09 pm

Did you email wondertouch support yet? Without doing that, I can't add you to the beta test.

I do have a fix for the fields problem now.

Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]