FORUMS: list search recent posts

Erk! errors!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daperson
Erk! errors!
on Oct 24, 2007 at 8:09:13 pm

I have just got the demo of the new particleIllusion program (i have been using the previos version before, but somewhat need the motion blur effect that didn't work....), and i am trying to export a rather large .png (1200*1200), however, whenever i do so i get an error saying "Cannot locate PillusionRender.exe", and it fails - but if i make the image smaller, and thus unusable for it's end purpose, it renders without issue. If i try using the pIllusionRender.exe program by itself, i get one of those "This program has encountered a problem and needs to close" dialogs, and the compiler goes nowhere. The log file it produces is empty except the header.
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Erk! errors!
on Oct 24, 2007 at 9:38:53 pm

Sorry about that. It seems you have 2 issues here. The first is that the demo is wrong, and is looking for "pIllusionRender.exe" instead of "pIllusionRenderDemo.exe". This is easily fixed: just r-click on "pIllusionRenderDemo.exe", "Copy", and "Paste". Then rename the copy from "Copy of pIllusionRenderDemo.exe" to "pIllusionRender.exe". (Do this instead of just renaming the file so your shortcuts will still work.)

The second issue: pIR crashing when you run it standalone -- there may not be a quick workaround for that. I think you have the same problem that another user does in our forum -- you have some codec that particleIllusion 3.0.2 does not like.

We're working on a fix, but please try the following for us.

1) download this file:
http://www.wondertouch.com/downloads/temp/codectest2.zip

2) Run it -- it will create a "command prompt" window and spit out a bunch of codec information.

3) It will wait for a keypress -- don't press a key yet. Click on the icon in the left corner of the window title bar, select "Edit> Select All", then "Edit>Copy". You can press a key to close the codec test app now.

4) Paste in a new email message and send to support at wondertouch dot com.

Thanks.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Daperson
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:36:40 pm

Impressive customer support system you got here - last time i had a problem with somebody's software i got politley told to sod off.
Anyways, codec tester program got part wya through it's spitting out of stuff, and presented me with a "CodecText.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" dialog box.
This is as far as it got:

Enumerating Codecs....

Passed CLSID_SystemDeviceEnum

Passed CLSID_VideoCompressorCategory

Getting Moniker...S_OK
Getting Property Bag...S_OK
-------WMVideo8 Encoder DMO

Getting Moniker...S_OK
-------MSScreen encoder DMO

Getting Moniker...S_OK
-------WMVideo9 Encoder DMO

Getting Moniker...S_OK
-------MSScreen 9 encoder DMO

Getting Moniker...S_OK
.......DV Video Encoder
.......BindToObject S_OK
.......Get Output Pin S_OK
.......Get IAMVideoCompression Interface Failed

Getting Moniker...S_OK
.......ffdshow video encoder
.......BindToObject S_OK
.......Get Output Pin S_OK
.......Get IAMVideoCompression Interface Failed

Getting Moniker...S_OK
-------Indeo

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:55:22 pm

[Daperson] " it seems a little odd that when i make a small image it silently compiles, not visibly launching pIllusionRender.exe, (hence the no demo notification box), but with large images it does launch, and subsequently crashes."

That's expected behavior. It will only launch pIRender if the output size is too large to fit in a maximized stage window. If your desktop resolution is higher than your output size, maximize particleIllusion before rendering. It will maximize the stage window at render time, and that may be large enough to avoid it calling pIRender.

I assume you're tryig to save as AVI? Perhaps try saving a TGA sequence instead and see if that works.

It would also be nice if you emailed support at wondertouch dot com so we can add you to the 3.0.3 beta test to make sure that our fix (when we finish it) works for you.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Daperson
on Oct 25, 2007 at 11:31:32 pm

Righto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]