FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip sometimes freezes in SE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
buford
clip sometimes freezes in SE
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:11:49 am

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question. When I import a clip into the background (have SE), it will go along fine and then suddenly freeze. Why does it do that? I hope someone here can help me. Thanks in advance for any help. btw, I have a Mac, plenty of disk space.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: clip sometimes freezes in SE
on Oct 23, 2007 at 11:44:47 am

So you add the clip to a new project (that contains no emitters), then "play", and it freezes at some point? Does it require you to force-quit particleIllusion? How long is the clip?

Test with NO emitters in the project.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

buford
Re: clip sometimes freezes in SE
on Oct 23, 2007 at 11:39:17 pm

Hello Alan,

thanks for writing back! I'm such a newbie that I don't know how to turn off the emitters. My clips are only 20 to 30 seconds long. I also don't usually push play but rather use the guideline tab at the bottom and move it to where I would like to start adding effects (is that bad?). I don't need to force-quit the program. In fact, I can still add effects although the background clip is frozen. It seems to stop/freeze at around 300 to 400 frames(?). Is this the "stage width" in preference?

Also...sometimes it plays in real time and other in slow motion - why?

How do you turn off the emitters? Also, in preferences...is it better to work in "general" or "openGL".

Is there a glossary I can get my hands on? LOL

Again, thanks for helping!

Buford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]