FORUMS: list search recent posts

background video question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MichelW
background video question
on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:04:44 pm

Hello,

I'm brand new to particle Illusion - I have SE that I rcvd a while ago and just started using. Using a video sequence as the background I added a trail of smoke to a moving object. What I found was that since the camera was handheld, the trail of smoke doesn't move with the camera motion (the emitter followed the moving object no problem) and didn't appear correct. Is there a tool/feature missing from the SE version or is it simply recommended to always used a stationary (tripod) camera?

Michel

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: background video question
on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:53:37 pm

SE is missing the "Layer Offset" feature that 3.0 has that allows you to follow a point in the bg video, and all of the emitters and particles move with that.

BUT... you might still be able to do it in SE using the "Attach to emitter" option for each particle type. Just takes a little more work, and it only works under certain conditions.

Oh, I just read your post again, and it won't work for you. It only works if you have a stationary object that is emitting, and the camera is moving. (Can't have both camera and object moving).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

MichelW
on Oct 19, 2007 at 2:59:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply Alan. I figured it was something like that. So for SE the recommendation for creating background video is to place the camera on a tripod and don't pan or move it.

Michel

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 19, 2007 at 11:07:29 am

Yes, unless you've got an emitter that won't move in reference to the background. You can do it if the background (camera) only is moving and the emitter is not moving in reference to the background, or if the background (camera) is not moving and the emitter is.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]