FORUMS: list search recent posts

My library doesn't work anymore

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lexpro
My library doesn't work anymore
on Oct 17, 2007 at 8:07:48 pm

Hi. First time poster here.

I use PI3 for about two years and I've developed... well, changed several effects to own versions, like changing the water emitter to a Phaser beam.

When I now try to open the library it says "Error: Access violation at 0x00421F88 (tried to read from 0x3858B068), program terminated"

Any way to repair the library? There's two years worth of work in there...

Thank you.

Alex

Return to posts index

jholste
Re: My library doesn't work anymore
on Oct 17, 2007 at 9:19:16 pm

Alex,

there may be a copy in the "library_backups" folder in your application folder.

Did you try and edit the lib or did it just go bad?

John

Return to posts index

Lexpro
on Oct 17, 2007 at 11:22:29 pm

To my shame I gotta admit, it's become my Default Library (not by name, default does still exist) which I'm editing almost every two days...

I think I might have two emitters with the same name in the same folder, plus I ended Particle Illusion with a picture in it.

I also tried to dl 3.0.1 and 3.0.2... but 3.0.2 says my PI3 folder doesn't have the .exe in it... but I can see it...

Is there a possibility to upload the library to, say, rapidshare and one of you guys takes a look at it?

But I'm gonna try the backup first...

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Oct 18, 2007 at 1:29:39 pm

For possible future situations like this, some stuff I do...

--- I always make backups of my emitters every time I change something in them. I have a shortcut in my main emmitter folder to the backup location and just drag the most recently tweaked one into it.

--- I make and name my own "best of" collections by type keeping the originals in their own folder. That way, I can always go back and rix things do one degree or another.

Last but not least:

--- Projects are really the best place to edit and fine tune emitters: far more manageable with multiple viewable undos. Then if a real winner I want to archive, I can save it in and/or as a library.

I hope your situation works out.

Return to posts index

Lexpro
Is there a library editor?
on Oct 20, 2007 at 1:23:00 am

I mean, outsides Particle Illusion.

I could open the library and delete misnamed emitters or at least try to do so...

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Is there a library editor?
on Oct 23, 2007 at 11:54:32 am

No, there is not.

But even if such an editor existed, it probably would not be able to load a corrupted library file.

If you zip and upload the corrupted file somewhere, I will take a look at it and see what the problem is. It may be fixable.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]