FORUMS: list search recent posts

emitters not always visible

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kirktab
emitters not always visible
on Oct 7, 2007 at 1:39:53 pm

Hey guys - using PI 3.00 (Win XP, ATI HD 2900 XT graphics card) with preferences set to either use or not use OpenGL, I'm having hassle with visibility of any emitter I place on stage. Regardless of stage size used, I always need to zoom stage view right in or way out before I can see the emitters. Sometimes dumping the project & opening a fresh one fixes the prob, sometimes not. Emitter type is irrelevant. If I then change any properties of the emitter on-stage, it disappears again. In this case, I get visibilty back if I do a quick render (eg a single frame). What th'?? Re-install? Ah, software. Cool application all the same!
Kirk

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: emitters not always visible
on Oct 7, 2007 at 4:46:32 pm

Sounds to me like perhaps it's an OpenGL or video card issue. Go into View>Preferences then click the OpenGL tab and uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration, and then close and reopen the program. Do you still have the problem?

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

kirktab
on Oct 7, 2007 at 11:32:36 pm

u da man
pity though - I was hoping that it was anything but that - oh well, back to slow renders. Unfortunately, doing the usual thing of updating my ATI drivers simply makes Maya 8.5 crash. Ah, why couldn't I be a doctor like my mamma said?
Thanks Elvis (never thought I'd ever write that...)
Kirk

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Oct 8, 2007 at 5:10:04 am

It may be fixed by the 3.02 update, but I can't say for sure. I was having some issues with my ATI card and pI 3, mainly that HQ motion blur was disabled, but it's been fixed in the newest release. Haven't had any HD issues.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]