FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting stage size in PI SE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ampster
Adjusting stage size in PI SE
on Sep 24, 2007 at 8:43:47 am

I've just bought Particle Illusion SE and am in the middle of a project that requires a Dr Who style effect (think beginning and end credits) and I need to adjust the stage size to 1024 X 576 to work properly as a widescreen file in Premiere CS. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: Adjusting stage size in PI SE
on Sep 24, 2007 at 1:09:01 pm

I have PI-3, but the settings are similar:

a) Go to Preferences and set your resolution to what you want.
b) Go Project Settings and match them there too.

Your monitor resolution while working in PI should be obviously more than those dimensions so that you have room when you "Zoom 100%" right before you export the file. AND...

To further maximize file export resolution, and thus quality:

I personally max out my monitor resolution for rendering/exporting out of so I can make the files proportionally larger than project settings resolution in my NLE.

This is done by:

1. Widening the stage area to the maximum by removing or hiding all toolbars, keyframe and particle library windows.

2. Zoom to Fit instead of just Zoom 100%.

That way I usually get 167% in my case. The higher the resolution, the better.

Depending on your monitor resolution, you could crank it up and also calculate a reasonable more-than-100% proportional resolution of your desired resolution.

But:

Be aware that that the larger the monitor resolution, the harder it is for applications to draw vector images and such. Especially subtle and multiple events such as particles.

That's why even though I have a dual core system with plenty of DDRM, I only increase my monitor resolution when I export or render out of PI, not while I'm working in it.

Based on the fact that kinder one is on one's system's heat generation, the longer its life span and cool purposes :)

I hope these tips may be of some help.
There may be others I am not aware of.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Sep 24, 2007 at 1:26:35 pm

Correction/Clarification Regarding:

"Depending on your monitor resolution, you could crank it up and also calculate a reasonable more-than-100% proportional resolution of your desired resolution."

What I forgot to add to the part of the sentence that I have put in italics here was "(... of your desired resolution) in PI's Preferences and Project Settings."

I should have separated the two issues into two sentences, because monitor resolution is one thing, PI settings another:

--- You can up the PI settings proportionally without changing monitor resolution while working (which isn't recommended for reasons stated).

Return to posts index

ampster
on Sep 26, 2007 at 12:27:44 am

It's so easy, isn't it? I've been working with Poser and Premiere and something as simple as adjusting the size on my screen was too obvious. Thanks for the help:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]