FORUMS: list search recent posts

Got My First Super-Emiiters -- Q on Particle Shape Editing

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soniclight
Got My First Super-Emiiters -- Q on Particle Shape Editing
on Sep 23, 2007 at 4:00:26 am

Hi Alan,

Figured you'd like to know I finally got the Abstract. They look great and I'd also like to venture into making variations of the particle shapes. I know how to add shapes to PI's "Change Shape," but that's only the last step.

So let's use the first one in Abstract as an ad hoc example, Ethereal Waves. The "waves" particle for it is (what I assume is an 8-bit) "Triangle":

--- Q: Is there a way to extract/Save As the Triangle, pop it into Photoshop and the like, come up with a few variations, i.e. Triangle_A, _B, _C? If so how, and what format should these be saved as in order for them to be added to the Abstract Super-Emitters?

It seems there must be a way to do such shape variations, unless... the original shapes are somehow propriety-content locked. But it sure would be cool to be able to do this.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Got My First Super-Emiiters -- Q on Particle Shape Editing
on Sep 23, 2007 at 5:34:13 pm

Open the emitter properties dialog. Get to the "change shape" page, select the shape you want to export, and click the little button below the window that looks like a floppy disc (a standard but somewhat outdated "save" icon).

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: Got My First Super-Emiiters -- Q on Particle Shape Editing
on Sep 23, 2007 at 11:32:40 pm

Well, that's sounds simple enough :) Thanks.

As to format to bring variations back into PI, I assume one sticks to that which is saved out of PI. I've found out from experience that while using higher bit images can be imported and used in a project, PI export of a project is still 8-bit at this point.

So point getting bit-fancy: anything higher only gets reduced back down to 8-bit anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]