FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard Drives Re-Organization: Emitters on Separate Drive = Better Performance?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soniclight
Hard Drives Re-Organization: Emitters on Separate Drive = Better Performance?
on Sep 19, 2007 at 1:46:26 am

I've finally put my (C:) OS and apps -- and only those (no My Documents, etc.) on its own drive. The latter files will be in that drive's 2nd partition.

Purpose: Keep the OS and apps streamlined to just doing their job -- without having to read/write to anything else on that drive is considered the most efficient way to go.

As to multimedia/film-related files:

--- I have all my media files (footage, audio, Vegas files and all PI output files (mainly .PNG sequences) that are composited in Vegas on one larger, separate hard drive (D:).

--- With one exception so far: PI emitters are still in PI's Program Files as put there by default.

-----------------

Q: Would it be performance advantageous or irrelevant or not-advisable to put all PI emitters into the D: drive -- where all the background images used in PI are?

Reasoning behind this strategy: Less read/write drive needle motion when using PI = good.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: Hard Drives Re-Organization: Emitters on Separate Drive = Better Performance?
on Sep 19, 2007 at 9:39:51 pm

Once I've finished the overhaul, I guess I'll just try it and see what happens since there have been no replies to this Q on it's validity. Keeping a backup of emitters, of course :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]