FORUMS: list search recent posts

August Emitters are out - and amazing!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trelawney
August Emitters are out - and amazing!
on Sep 7, 2007 at 7:49:05 pm

I just have to say that whilst the standard of monthly emitters is very high, you've really excelled yourself on the August emitters! >8o)

Thanks to all who contributed - Christmas has come early!

Kind regards

Rod Davies (UK)

Return to posts index

cow
Alan Lorence
Re: August Emitters are out - and amazing!
on Sep 7, 2007 at 8:07:43 pm

The main reason they are so good (if you agree that they are) is that Tony Hudson contributed some great animated particle shapes. Thanks Tony!

Also, I noticed that there may be a problem with the first emitter (the "volume dust cloud" I think it's called). When put on the stage, it may not show up! Or, it may show once, then won't show again after playback repeats.

The solution seems to be to increase the particle type "number" value from 3 to 6 or so.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Sep 7, 2007 at 8:29:32 pm

I second the motion of congratulations. I had also forgotten (whud??) to get the July ones, and both of these show the increasing refinement going on in Wondertouch-Land.

Since part of my project involves Earth/landscape beauty passes over terrain, the slow-moving clouds in the July batch was of particular interest. But the Fireworks in the August one and pretty much all of them are great.

The only problem is...

Over-choice: too much candy in the Wondertouch emitter store, so to speak :)
Just kidding. The more great raw material to work with, the better.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 7, 2007 at 9:08:55 pm

[Soniclight] "I had also forgotten (whud??) to get the July ones"

Once 3.0.2 is released (and 3.0.6 on Mac) this will be a thing of the past, since you'll be able to check for, download, and install new libraries from within pI3.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Trelawney
on Sep 7, 2007 at 9:13:59 pm

Nice addition Alan!

Any chance the Catalog can also be auto-downloaded to make for easy emitter browsing inside PI3? (*cough*PI3 Bridge has a certain ring to it) >9o)

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Sep 7, 2007 at 10:59:30 pm

[Soniclight] "I had also forgotten (whud??) to get the July ones"

Once 3.0.2 is released (and 3.0.6 on Mac) this will be a thing of the past, since you'll be able to check for, download, and install new libraries from within pI3.

Very kwell :)

Return to posts index

Digit0
on Sep 18, 2007 at 7:27:04 pm

The new PI view is exactly what you need to browse your emitter libraries. If you're like me who sorted the libraries into types like "Fire", "water" etc then finding a certain emitter can sometimes take some time since there must be well over 1800 emitters by now. You can search for any emitter and then view them in the same window. In PI View you can then toggle "deflectors", "motion blu" and a heap of other valuable options.

Craig

Return to posts index

gwwils
on Sep 8, 2007 at 8:00:24 pm

There's an easy solution to the problem with the first emitter (Volume dust cloud 01. After you add it to the screen open its properties then go to the go to the sub emitter "fluffCloud," turn it off and then on again and the cloud immediatley becomes visible.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Sep 12, 2007 at 4:17:37 am

I have to say - some of those were quite amazing. Nice job.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
arabinowitz(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com

----------------------------------------
Click the link below to subscribe to the Creative Cow After Effects Podcast, and get free AE video tutorials:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=111087911

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]