FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas,DV AVI, and how?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David
Vegas,DV AVI, and how?
on Sep 6, 2007 at 7:30:10 pm

I am trying out your demo and find it to be an excellent program. I have a few problems here though.I read about the no suport fr DV AVI files.
While working in Vegas's timeline my files are obviously dv avi till project rendered.
You have a quick fix to use a dvix codec. I am afraid this would degrade my dv file when rendered back to the vegas tieline. Wouldn't it?
This is for a tv commercial and need top quality for this.
Is there a good work flow that you could suggest coming frrom vegas to PI then back to Vegas?
Thank you for your tiime and great product!
Keep up the great work guys. ; )
David W. Ruby Sr
Ruby Media

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Vegas,DV AVI, and how?
on Sep 6, 2007 at 7:34:46 pm

This recent post is exactly what you want I think:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/23/859313

(The 3.0.2 update that will be released this month doesn't have the DV issue)

Return to posts index

David
on Sep 6, 2007 at 7:50:34 pm

How soon till the next update Alan.
Thank you much.
David

Return to posts index

David
on Sep 6, 2007 at 7:51:47 pm

I am trying Frame Server now. VERY, VERY slow though.
How soon till the next update Alan.
Thank you much.
David

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 6, 2007 at 7:59:30 pm

Will be released this month.

The other option is to install a DV codec (like the Panasonic DV codec). This will allow pIllusion to read DV AVIs right now.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: Vegas,DV AVI, and how? (FrameServer Q)
on Sep 7, 2007 at 12:17:46 am

Hopefully David's project can wait until the update if he can't find a solution that works.

As a participant in the thread referred to by Alan, I do have to say that I tried FrameServer as suggested since then, and also found it to be way too slow to use in PI.

The rendering progress bar in Vegas seemed to sit in the low single digit percentages forever. I lost patience with it and reverted back to my other temp background stand-in modality.

The logic behind using Vegas as a surrogate or bridge for the background image by using FrameServer as a virual bridge makes sense. Since Elvis has some experience with this:

Q: Does one have to wait until it's all rendered before using in PI? And/or maybe there's something David or I are not doing right?

I just

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Vegas,DV AVI, and how? (FrameServer Q)
on Sep 10, 2007 at 3:36:23 am

Don't think of frameserving as a traditional render. The creation of the signpost AVI should be almost instant. You save it out of Vegas, open it immediately as your background in pI, and then as you scrub the timeline, the percentage in your Vegas will change to reflect where you are according to Vegas' timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]