FORUMS: list search recent posts

help with converge top/bottom logo effects

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
teddybear
help with converge top/bottom logo effects
on Aug 28, 2007 at 1:57:49 am

I am very new to this but am hoping someone can help me with this problem. I want to create a short movie using the text emiiter from the logo effects library that merges text from top to bottom. I can't quite figure out where to place the perimeter circle so that the text merges precisely, and also I want the text not to fade so quickly. I know the fade has to do with the number graph showing that the particles quit generating I think at frame 30, but I'm not sure what and how to change it so that the text does not fade out so fast at the end. Can any of you help me?

Thanks so much

Teddy in Minneapolis

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: help with converge top/bottom logo effects
on Aug 28, 2007 at 3:16:04 pm

This is an often-asked question that we haven't heard for a while.

The easiest way is to create a second emitter that is a "single" particle (like the cartoon mouse emitter), change it to the text image you're using for the converge emitter, then make this new one appear as the converge text is fading out.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

teddybear
on Aug 28, 2007 at 5:47:19 pm

Thank you Alan for the reply. I also figured out that I can just import one of the ending sequence frames into my NLE and fade that out.

I have ordered the pro emitter collection for text and will use one of the emitters. I plan to render out the final output at 1024 by 768 and would like to have the text at the end fill at least 1/2 of the screen. The text is "Cruise Memories" Would I be better off having two emitters adjacent on the stage with one word of the text in each emitter? Also what would be the best resolution size to create the word or words if I just use one emitter? I know about the rule of 16's, but not sure how high I should go on the shape size so that the final render looks good.

Also Alan I sent you an email about getting 3.0, did you get that?

Ted

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 28, 2007 at 5:56:57 pm

I'd try 512 wide and 256 (or 128 if it will fit) high.

I did get some emails from a "ted", and have replied to them via my wondertouch email account and my hotmail one. If you didn't get either of them, you better check your spam folder.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

teddybear
on Aug 28, 2007 at 6:54:34 pm

Alan,

I did get two emails from you. I will go ahead and order the full version 3.0 from Studica if I don't hear anything different from you.

Ted/Teddy/M. Berman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]