FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI-3 Bug? X & Y Graph Zoom: Settings Default On File Re-Open

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soniclight
PI-3 Bug? X & Y Graph Zoom: Settings Default On File Re-Open
on Aug 19, 2007 at 8:57:15 pm

Hopefully self-explanatory, but let's make up an example:

--- Working in F-Numbers and need to cycle only a hundred frames or so, so hit Alt+Z and adjust the Y to adjust the graph, zooming in to show mostly those frames. Maybe also change X vertical.

--- Close program, go to lunch.

--- Come back, fire up PI, and all the settings are gone. Gotta do the Alt+Z all over again for any and all particles.

------------------------

Now, I say "bug" because it's a nuisance and I don't know if it actually is a bug. Perhaps it's simply too complex to encode such GUI stuff into each project's rows and rows of particle settings. At least at this stage of realistic encoding.

So if not a bug, definitely a wish-list thing, however unrealistic. It sure would save some time :)

Or maybe there's a "duh" solution I've missed :)

Return to posts index

Soniclight
Re: PI-3 Bug? X & Y Graph Zoom: Settings Default On File Re-Open
on Aug 21, 2007 at 12:48:08 am

Can anyone at PI respond to this, please? If there is a workaround or something I'm not getting, it sure would save me some time. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Aug 21, 2007 at 5:07:21 pm

There's no way that I know of to keep the values as set, as far as I know they always just default back to a zoom level of 10. No workaround that I can think of, sorry.

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Aug 22, 2007 at 7:00:08 am

Thanks. Oh, well, just gotta deal with it as it is.

But if Alan ever can figure out a way to implement this without frying his neurons and turning his hair gray, it would be nice :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]