FORUMS: list search recent posts

pI 3.0.1a Grid Lines In Final Render

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rhacker382
pI 3.0.1a Grid Lines In Final Render
on Jul 18, 2007 at 1:59:32 am

When using particleIllusion3.01a, I get a pesky Grid rendering in my final footage?

Is there a way to turn this Grid off?

I can't seem to find the cause...

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: pI 3.0.1a Grid Lines In Final Render
on Jul 18, 2007 at 3:11:46 pm

Does it do this with an empty project, or a project that contains only a single simple emitter too? If not (if it only does it when you load bg images or video) then on the OpenGL page of the Preferences check the "do not use texture RAM for bg image..." option.

If that doesn't help, then Start - Programs - particleIllusion 3 - run with software rendering. If software rendering works, then you need to get updated video drivers.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

rhacker382
on Jul 23, 2007 at 2:10:17 pm

Thanks Alan,

Cecking the "Don't use texture RAM for BG Images" under -Preferences/Open GL Tab- fixed the problem.

Just to confirm: In my case the lines would only show up with a BG AVI loaded.

It did not seem related to the number of emitters added, and if I removed the BG image the lines would not be present in a final render featureing just the emitters.

Any technical insight into this?

Ray

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 23, 2007 at 2:47:35 pm

Yes. When that option is NOT checked, the bg image or AVI is broken up into smaller squares and textured squares are drawn to complete the image. When it IS checked, the bg image or movie frame is just drawn as-is.

Back in the early days of particleIllusion, most 3D cards could draw textured squares pretty fast (that's how the particles are drawn), but they were MUCH slower drawing images that weren't textured.

I'm pretty sure that all modern graphics cards can draw the images as fast or faster than using textured squares, so it's best to have that option checked. (In the Mac version, you don't have an option -- it's ALWAYS checked.)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]