Hello. I was wondering if there was a way that I could get some footage of a city to look
1. Very eery/gloomy in one shot. Think Gotham city type look in the Batman Movies.
2. I have another shot where I want the city to look as if its on fire. Is there a way to do that.
3. Last but not least, I was watching the highlight reel on the Woundertouch main page and one of the clips had two guys walking down an alley way and then they were blown back. Pretty cool. How was this made possible?
Thanks for your time and I look forward to your answers.
1. I would say that that's more of a colour correction or matte painting task, one to do in a compositing program. You might use pI to add to some atmosphere (clouds, rain, etc), but it wouldn't be where I'd start.
2. Careful emitter placement. You could use a Blocker to cut off the bottoms of buildings from being covered in particles and just use a few big fire emitters to place behind them, but I'd think it much more effective to use a lot of small emitters and position them in places that would have more flames, like in the windows of each building.
3. The two actors were shot against a greenscreen and a background added in. Andrew Kramer has a tutorial that shows how that effect was done step-by-step in After Effects, it's on his Creative Cow Master Series DVD (there should be an ad for it on the sidebar).