FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with quality when imported to Flash CS3

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
libman
Problems with quality when imported to Flash CS3
on Jun 26, 2007 at 5:19:07 pm

Hi folks,

Love this product but my main reason for getting it was to use it in Flash, currently I'm using Flash CS3. I am trying to export out small sized effects, 40x30, and importing the images into flash. In Particle Illusion the small animation looks fine but no matter how I export it out jpg or png the imported video looks awful. The images don't appear the be the correct size first of all. In flash the images are 77.8 x 93.8. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
G.Landry
gpl@maine.rr.com

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Problems with quality when imported to Flash CS3
on Jun 26, 2007 at 7:40:05 pm

Since the files look fine as JPG or PNG, then terrible after compression, the compression settings are the problem. Unfortunately I can't help there, as I don't use Flash.

The images showing up as the wrong size I know about though -- in some filetypes, pIllusion 3.0.1a for Windows is not setting the DPI values for the files, so it's using "bad" values. What you need to do is either write TGA files (which don't store the DPI info), and if Flash can't use those, then you'll have to do some intermediate step (with Photoshop maybe?) to set the DPI values correctly.

This problem has been fixed in the upcoming 3.0.2 update.

Note that this DPI issue has nothing to do with the quality issue, which is completely a compression issue (in Flash).

(We hope to release the 3.0.2 update before the end of July, and are still looking for more beta testers.)

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

libman
Re: Problems with quality when imported to Flash CS3
on Jun 26, 2007 at 11:10:17 pm

Thanks Alan. I think you are correct about the dpi issue. That makes since to me since i am not compressing the output at all. I did notice that if I changed the image size in Flash from the oddball settings to the original settings on the image then the video came out fine.

I'll experiment with the settings that you suggested and use an intermediary program likem photshop and batch process the images out as jpgs.

Great product...look forward to the updates...You guys have got a winner...Hopefully you software will stay reasonably priced for the little guy...All the best, G.L.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]