FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chroma Keying program that saves a series of PNG's?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian S.
Chroma Keying program that saves a series of PNG's?
on Jun 15, 2007 at 3:35:34 am

To Elvis Deane or anyone else in particular...What program do you use to save a series of PNG files to preserve transparency? I'm messing around with the Sony Vegas trial, and I can't seem to find the option, although it does excellent chroma keying.

The "Disintegrating People" tutorial got me interested in trying out similar effects, but before I can do that, I need to learn how to make a series of PNG files.

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Chroma Keying program that saves a series of PNG's?
on Jun 15, 2007 at 5:40:26 pm

A more dedicated compositing program, like After Effects or Combustion, are your best bets for both keying and putting out image sequences.

In Vegas you have to go under Tools>Scripting>Render Image Sequence. I can't be certain that it will preserve the alpha, I use After Effects Pro to key any footage, as the tools are more powerful than Vegas' chromakeyer (Keylight has salvaged a lot of keys that I thought would be problematic, things that Vegas' chromakeyer just couldn't handle well). But once particleIllusion 3.02 is out, you'll be able to use AVIs with alpha, so Vegas will be more compatible if the alpha isn't coming out now.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Brian S.
Re: Chroma Keying program that saves a series of PNG's?
on Jun 16, 2007 at 6:35:07 pm

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]