FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Error Message - Particle Illusion SE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will25
Strange Error Message - Particle Illusion SE
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:33:07 pm

I am getting an error message that tells me particle illusion SE must shut down when I try and save a project as an AVI movie. There is no explanation of why, just that the program must shut down. The message also includes an apology for shutting down if I was in the middle of something (as if that's going to make me feel better). I am given the option to close or debug, both options close the program.

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Alan, and he suggested I post this here as we could not resolve the issue together.

All of my codecs check out and the rest of the program works perfectly, my only issue is creating an AVI movie, which was the soul purpose of using the application...

Thanks,
- Will

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Strange Error Message - Particle Illusion SE
on Jun 12, 2007 at 4:31:55 pm

Just to be clear, those error messages after pIllusion crashes are provided by Windows, not by pIllusion. So the strangeness of the error messages are not the subject here (they show for any Windows program that crashes), but the crashing when trying to save an AVI is.

Also, you're crashing after you specify the output filename ("test.avi" for instance) and after the output options dialog shows, right? (That's the point that AVI options dialog should be shown. pIllusion is polling all of the codecs, determining which can work with the current settings so it can build the codec list that is shown.)

Do nothing except save the AVI: open particleIllusion SE, then click the "save output" button and try saving the AVI. Don't do anything else (don't add an emitter, don't load bg images, etc.)

I also assume that your stage size is set to 320x240. If it's not, do that before clicking the Save Output button.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Will25
Re: Strange Error Message - Particle Illusion SE
on Jun 12, 2007 at 5:17:56 pm

You are correct, the error message is generated by Windows, not pillusion.

The crashing occurs after I click OK in the output options dialog. There is a short delay after selecting ok, and then the error pops up.

I tried saving the AVI without entering an emitter (or anything else) and have always used the same 320X240 stage, and the same result/error came up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]