FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac version 3.0.5 Area Emitter Mask bug

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
Mac version 3.0.5 Area Emitter Mask bug
on Jun 11, 2007 at 11:24:02 am

This was pointed out in the old "Smokey Secrets" thread, but I'm posting it again in a new thread so more people see it.

The Mac version 3.0.5 doesn't show the options for the Area Emitter Mask function -- it allows you to choose the image and invert the alpha, but the other options are not visible for some reason.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Timeview
Re: Mac version 3.0.5 Area Emitter Mask bug
on Jun 11, 2007 at 12:50:25 pm

Hoping this is an easy fix and we will see update for Mac version (I am using Intel Mac Pro).

Thanks
TV

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 11, 2007 at 5:22:36 pm

I just checked this again more carefully, and it appears to be working as expected in 3.0.5. You have to choose an image sequence though, not a single image.

Are you not getting the other options (random, hold frame, etc.) when you select an image sequence?

Alan.

Return to posts index

Timeview
on Jun 12, 2007 at 12:36:22 am

I just double-check this again on my Mac and I cannot find those options (unlike the PC version that once you go to options you see all options). Just to be sure, I put a Heavy Smoke emitter and change it to area. I check off Mask emitter with images(s). I click on Options. Here the PC and Mac version are very different. The PC shows all option (before I have selected any images). The only option the Mac shows at this point is a field to load image and an invert Alpha check box. I then decide to try to load a sequence of tiff files. Since I do not have any thing to check off I tried to load the first in my sequence of tiff files but I did not see any new options show up. Just to be sure I found my old version of PI 3.0 for my PC and I was able to do exactly what I needed (options were there and I used my tiff files). This is an old PC and it was painful to use (compare to my Mac) but it did show that the behavior between the PC and Mac is different.

Can you tell me the exact way you where able to see these options on the Mac. I understand this will only work on sequence but I do not see how to load them or the options to check this on.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 12, 2007 at 2:25:05 am

Both Windows 3.0.1a and Mac 3.0.5 (both latest versions) work the same way.

Make the emitter an area, then open the properties dialog and check Mask Emitter and click the Options button. At this point, no options show except the Invert Alpha and select image(s) button. Click the select images button, select a single image. If it detects that it's part of an image sequence and asks you if you want to use the sequence, click "no". You will not see the other options.

If instead you select an image that is part of a sequence, then answer "yes" to the "use the sequnce" question, you'll get the options on both Mac and Windows. If it does not ask you if you want to use the sequence, then the images are not named correctly for it to detect that they are part of a sequence.

Alan.

Return to posts index

Timeview
on Jun 12, 2007 at 12:51:39 pm

I just check again (Useing PC version 3.01a and Mac version 3.0.5). As I said on the PC (and tutorials) the options for Mask are there as soon as you click "Option" (and you have make emitter an Area). The Mac you don't see this (can some one on PC and/or Mac check this please). I check my Tif sequence (which did work on PC 3.01a) named blue.0001.tif, blue.0002.tif, etc, to see for any problems. I loaded the image sequence in Quicktime (and Shake) and it worked fine. I was hoping I miss somethings and this just work but it does not for me. Can someone else check some of this (the PC version 3.01a displays options from the begining but not the Mac).

I do not understand why we are not seeing the same thing?

TV

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 12, 2007 at 1:40:19 pm

If particleIllusion doesn't give you the "image appears to be part of a sequence" dialog box, then it doesn't know it's a sequence. I suspect it's because it's named "name.xxxx.tif" instead of "namexxxx.tif".

Alan.

Return to posts index

Timeview
on Jun 12, 2007 at 2:17:58 pm

That did it. Shake output using that format. Need to take a closer look and/or batch rename sequence. On the PC side this naming format worked fine because I guess options are already there (and I would click use sequence). Any chance of making it smarter or just letting user click options (like PC side).

Thanks for your help.

TV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]