FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 Problem

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Abajian
Motion 3 Problem
on Jun 8, 2007 at 10:00:59 pm

When I installed Final Cut Studio 2 it installs Motion 3 along with it and I noticed my emitters for Motion were no longer there.
I reinstalled the emitters and they still aren't there. What gives? Does it not work with Motion 3?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Motion 3 Problem
on Jun 9, 2007 at 3:48:14 am

I haven't got Motion 3 to check, but a thread over in the Cow's Motion forum has a suggestion on where to relocate the presets.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

jholste
Re: Motion 3 Problem
on Jun 9, 2007 at 5:36:14 pm

Paul,

Alan answered this issue already:

"Name: Alan Lorence
Date: Jun 5, 2007 at 5:51:49 am
Subject: Re: Motion Emitters in Moton 3

It's not difficult to get it working in Motion 3. If you had Motion 2 installed, then installing Motion 3 probably wiped out the wondertouch emitters, so you'll need to install again.

First, make sure Motion 3 is not running.

1) Install the wondertouch emitters again. They won't show in Motion 3 yet.

2) Copy the "wondertouch (large)" folder from the following source
Users/Shared/Motion/Library/Particle Emitters/wondertouch (large)

Into the "Particle Emitters" location where your Motion 3 content was installed. If you installed in the default location, that is:

Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Library/Particle Emitters

So you'll end up with:

Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Library/Particle Emitters/wondertouch (large)

The easiest way to do this is to open up 2 finder windows, one pointing to the source folder and one pointing to the destination folder. Hold the option key while you drag the "wondertouch (large)" folder from one to the other.

If you have the medium or small emitter collections, the folder will be named "wondertouch (medium)" or "wondertouch (small)" instead.

Alan."

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]