FORUMS: list search recent posts

May Emitter Libraries Released

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
on Jun 7, 2007 at 11:44:19 pm

The May emitter libraries have been released. I tried to do a mix of emitters this month: some backgrounds, some simple shapes, some sparkles, and some explosions/pyro.

I have to say, that "sparkles smoke 10b" is one of my favorite recent emitters. Note how the blue sparkles "light up" the smoke? A similar thing is happening in "Spark Flare with Smoke 01" -- which is also one of my new favorite emitters. After I got done making it, I panicked a little bit, thinking that I had already made this exact emitter a long time ago. Well, after searching through the emitter libraries (using a new search tool that we'll be revealing soon) I found it. Compare this new "Spark Flare with Smoke 01" to the "Smokey Sparkler 01" emitter in the emitters_04_01 library (Jan 2004). You can see that the new version is much better than the old one -- I must be getting better at this. =)

If anybody is interested, I can post a little explanation of how to easily do the "light up the smoke" effect.

Download here:
http://www.wondertouch.com/default.asp?loadContent=emLibs.asp

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Trelawney
Re: May Emitter Libraries Released
on Jun 8, 2007 at 1:01:31 pm

Thanks Alan!

sparkles smoke 10b does indeed look good - you know what they say, practice makes perfect ;)

Return to posts index

MrBill
Re: May Emitter Libraries Released
on Jun 9, 2007 at 2:04:58 pm

[Alan Lorence] "If anybody is interested, I can post a little explanation of how to easily do the "light up the smoke" effect."

Alan, I'm interested please post it. :-)

Thank you for the new emitters having fun using them now!!!

Bill

Return to posts index

Soniclight
on Jun 26, 2007 at 12:53:08 am

Alan,

Life priorities and health issues have shelved all of my vid work indefinitely, but of course I can't resist updating libraries for future use.

I particularly liked the "New Tunnel one" which stood out from all the other ones for me due to my particular signature style: elegant and simple, yet visually full. Only two very complimentary levels which lend themselves well to customizing inspiration, be it in tandem or even separately as individual particles.

Short version: Nice work! Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]