FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI Export ain't working

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico01
AVI Export ain't working
on May 18, 2007 at 8:58:38 pm

Hi guys.
The program itself is quite nice, but I have problems exporting my finished project as AVI file. Whatever codec I try, it doesn't work.

Xvid --> "Error initializing AVI"
DivX ain't even on the list of available codecs, even after reinstalling.
Cinepak by Radius --> Working, but the quality ain't good and all of my other codecs don't support so I can't recode it.

I have only problems with all the other codecs as well: either black video stream or an empty file.

I really don't know what to try anymore. Hope someone can help me.

Regards,
Enrico

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: AVI Export ain't working
on May 19, 2007 at 12:15:57 pm

You may be using weird stage sizes. As a test, try 320x240 and see if that works. If it does, remember that you have to make the stage window large enough to fit your stage size at 100% zoom. If you have the stage set to 640x480 for example, but the stage window is too small, the output size (shown in the output options dialog) might be something weird like 521 x 377, and most codecs won't like that weird size.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Enrico01
on May 19, 2007 at 1:48:45 pm

Thank you. It now works with Xvid. :)

Still, it does not work with Uncompressed, which I think is very weird (I only get a black video, or, if I use "Software Rendering" or tick "Don't use texture RAM for bg images", colors are messed up totally).
And it won't recognize DivX.
But well, I can export my videos using Xvid now, so those problems are not that important anymore. ;)

Regards

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 21, 2007 at 11:12:20 am

Don't use uncompressed -- it doesn't work for some people with pIllusion for some reason.

Download and use Huffy UV instead. It uses lossless compression.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]