FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two problems

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
webwiz
Two problems
on May 2, 2007 at 12:03:10 am

1. what is the max frames I can import into Particle Illusion for Mac
2. I created an AVI file DV NTSC and it would not import into Particle Ilusion for Windows.

What is the problem?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Two problems
on May 2, 2007 at 5:18:07 pm

1. There is no maximum frame limit, though if you have a very, very long scene, things will get slower as time goes on.

2. From the FAQ:
particleIllusion does not support DV AVIs at this time. You have 2 options -- the first is to convert the DV AVI into a non-DV AVI or image sequence that particleIllusion can load. If you don't have a tool that can do this conversion, Rad Video Tools (http://www.radgametools.com), converts between several different formats and is free.

The second option is to install a DV codec that will allow particleIllusion to read DV AVIs. There are several commercial and free codecs available -- the Panasonic DV codec is a free one. Do a websearch for "Panasonic DV codec" and you'll find several sites with this codec and installation instructions. Note that some users have reported that the Panasonic DV codec causes problems with other codecs on their system.
~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're using Vegas, there are a number of solutions listed here as well.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

webwiz
on May 2, 2007 at 5:39:31 pm

Thank you, What about some of the AVI files I cane import, like your example with the saber-light. What about Apple? Can I import mov file into Particle on Apple?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 2, 2007 at 5:41:14 pm

I have not heard of a problem importing any Quicktime files on a Mac. What codec is the Quicktime compressed with, that would be the most likely culprit if some Quicktimes work and others don't.

--
Elvis Deane!

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

webwiz
on May 2, 2007 at 6:27:02 pm

Elvis,thanks again. As a beginner in Particle sometimes your tutorials are very hard to follow for one reason. There two settings in the New Emiter and Particle Type. It's very easy to miss where are the right settings. Fort example the disintegrating a person, took me 4 hours to make it work, as deeming effect - 3 minutes.

Over all I like it, therefore I ordered your DVD

Return to posts index

webwiz
on May 2, 2007 at 7:23:50 pm

One more Q. How did you create the green shooting beam that sops right on the body?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 3, 2007 at 2:01:28 am

That was just a simple modification of the laser beam emitters that are available in this library I think.

--
Elvis Deane!

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]