FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect Ratio

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Belanger
Aspect Ratio
on Apr 30, 2007 at 8:19:06 pm

Hi

Just bought this wonderful program, standalone version. Alot of the very impressive pro emitters have circular elements in them . When importing them into FCP after rendering a 720x486 version I find the circular stuff looks oval. Can't seem to find any aspect compensation in the program akin to AE . The aspect should be 0.9 for standard def
Any suggestions?

Mike Belanger
Dandelion Editing
Audio/Video Post Production
111 Peter Street

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Aspect Ratio
on May 1, 2007 at 8:10:50 am

The issue is that pI only works in square pixels. You'll have to render at 648x486, and then tell AE the footage is square pixel in the interpretation settings. That will unsqueeze to the proper size.

Strange, I was just at 111 Peter St yesterday. I had no idea it was such a media building.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

Wilbur of Wumbaberry

Return to posts index

Michael Belanger
Re: Aspect Ratio
on May 1, 2007 at 4:20:02 pm

Thanks

I guess puting a finished movie into AE then sizing it up will ultimately make the movie softer
Are the folks at Particle Illusion resolving this issue or offering a solution. Maybe the latest release. Should just be a pixel stretching thing like AE.

If you are in the neighbourhood please feel to drop by. I am not sure I would characterize the building as a media building.

Mike B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]